Thursday, April 12, 2007

In the Blizzard we go Running

Based on the National Weather Service's most recent report and in cooperation with the Executive Office of Public Safety (Commonwealth of Massachusetts) and the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency, together with the eight cities and towns along the 26.2-mile marathon route, we are planning for likely heavy rain and windy conditions on race day.

Monday...Rain likely. Rain May be heavy at Times in the morning. Windy with highs in the mid 40s. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Exactly what I want to hear mere days before running the Boston Marathon. These reports seem much more pleasant than what my friend Adam described as "the worst Noreaster in 5 years." We'll see. Despite bad weather, lack of proper training, and even less proper clothing, I will continue. I feel like the postman, but I suppose there are worst things to be compared to. Let's just hope that through all this I won't end up going postal.

No comments: